Learning Objectives for Hello, my name is LEADER.
- Members will identify their own 'brand promise' through thoughtful discussion and reflection
- Members discover their own leadership identity.
- Members will collaborate as a group about what it means to be a leader and what kinds of leaders they all are
Use these discussion questions in your IATG Chapter Meeting:
Do you know your ‘leadership style? If so, what is it?
If you don’t know your leadership style, how would your describe yourself as a leader?
Caveat: would you describe yourself as a leader? Why or why not?
Why is it occasionally hard for women and female-identifying persons to identify as leaders?
Have you ever had to make a challenging decision as a leader?
Why do you think it’s important to know the type of leader you are?
Do you think your leadership style can change? What affects the way our leadership styles change?
Activity 1: Brand Promise
- What are some prominent brands?
- What is their 'brand promise' - what do they sell? (i.e. Nike sells COURAGE, Apple sells INNOVATION)
- What do YOU 'sell'? What are you talented at, passionate about, working towards that you want to give to the world?
As a group, create a visual representation of all the words and phrases that describe your personal brand promises individually. Look for overlaps and trends in your words + phrases; what does that say about your group?
Activity 2: Tweet Yo'Self
In 140 characters or less, write out a description of who you are as a leader. Be as detailed as you want to be within the character limit, and stay true to your own brand promise. Share with the group!