This is where it all comes together; everything you've learned about leadership and being brave culminates at a very important intersection: Who Are You, and What Are You Going To Do About It? This week is all about YOU. We feel confident that you are already a leader, and we want to help you discover that as well.
In your chapter meetings, we're walking you through some activities that will guide you through finding your leadership identity in a collaborative way, but these are also great activities to practice on your own! They are here for you to enjoy solo if you'd like.
Activity 1: Brand Promise Activity
- What are some prominent brands? (Nike, Apple, etc.)
- What is their ‘brand promise’ – what do they sell? (i.e. Nike sells COURAGE, Apple sells INNOVATION)
- What do YOU ‘sell’? What are you talented at, passionate about, working towards that you want to give to the world?
Brand Promise Map: As a group, create a visual representation of all the words and phrases that describe your personal brand promises individually. Look for overlaps and trends in your words + phrases; what does that say about your group?
Activity 2: Tweet Yo’Self
In 140 characters or less, write out a description of who you are as a leader. Be as detailed as you want to be within the character limit, and stay true to your own brand promise.
What's Your Leadership Style?
BONUS: Take it at the same time as a friend and then share your results. Do you agree or disagree? Do you feel connected to the leadership style description? How would YOU describe your leadership style instead?
- What are some experiences you have had that shaped your passions and interests?
- What scares you about pursuing your passions and purpose?
- We all have examples of the type of leader to not be. Sometimes we encounter people whose brand promise turns out to be just a selling point. What has been your experience with this?