Sometimes relationships go bad – really bad – and what seems like love turns scary, toxic, and painful. Domestic abuse doesn’t just mean physical abuse; it includes sexual, economic, verbal, emotional, and psychological actions and threats.
- What are some warning signs of an abusive relationship?
- How can you help someone recognize and leave a toxic situation?
- Domestic abuse often escalates over time. How does that make it more challenging to recognize an abusive relationship?
- What are the short term and long term effects of abuse on the victim?
- What can you do to help prevent others and yourself from entering a potentially abusive relationship?
- What role do men play in stopping domestic violence?